Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Kanye says, white boy stop using slang.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Kanye says, white boy stop using slang.

    WEST REVEALS RACIAL LINES IN SLANG USE

    Hip-hop star KANYE WEST is advising his white counterparts that they can only use certain slang terms when they're out of style for black people.

    The JESUS WALKS rapper - who recently charged that US President GEORGE W BUSH "doesn't care" about African Americans - believes that certain slang words should only be able to cross racial barriers when they're no longer in style for black people.

    He says, "I think white people are allowed to say 'bling'. They are allowed to say old-school black slang, like 'hottie' and 'homie'.

    "Actually, I do not think that (white people) are allowed to use slang until it is at least a year old. If you say a slang word too early, it's like you're trying to be black. So as long as the slang is a little played out, you're all good."

    source
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Kanye says, white boy stop using slang.

    www.down-nola.com

    I like DOWN. I can say what I want.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kanye says, white boy stop using slang.

    alright ill agree to that when he agrees to not use any word derived from white people


    a.k.a. "any word in Webster's dictionary"
    A+ a**hole, instead of tearing down the barrier between blacks and whites like he says he wnats he is creating new ones...good job
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_YeahYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2003
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kanye says, white boy stop using slang.

    Does he NOT want to have a career anymore?

    Where are his managers when he's saying this stuff? I mean seriously whats next?

    I was surprised to see West performing on that concert they had, I believe Saturday? on all music stations about the Hurricane. I was shocked to see him because of the comments he made, i was certain they'd pull him from the lineup of performers that night. But then again, I guess you couldn't because even though what he said was wrong you really couldnt do anything because its freedom of speech, right?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kanye says, white boy stop using slang.

    what this hood rat doesnt understand is look at the people who listen to his music. African Americans make up a minority of the U.S. I believe its around 13-20% if i am not mistaken. How many white male or females bought his album in the past year? I would guess that over 50-60% of his income was because of "whitey". Now look at the political stance he is made, about 55% of America is Republican. Take that away from him too. So now he has limited his entire sales to African American and non republicans.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kanye says, white boy stop using slang.

    hood rat? Watch it now.
    "That's Saucy" - Stuart Scott

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Kanye says, white boy stop using slang.

    haha , we are talkin' about him, that is all he was after [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] That is one I'll be sure to *borrow* from someone and listen to. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] When I get some time. Right after I learn to golf. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kanye says, white boy stop using slang.

    i didnt mean nothing by that at all, cause i know you personally and you are one of the few people i check up on every weekend, keep your head up by the way, i know you guys got a new coach and a new system to learn.

    but i am just really disappointed with the comments he has made.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kanye says, white boy stop using slang.

    I'm too educated to use his version of the English Language.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •